The Barayamal Virtual Accelerator is a 10-week business program for First Nations entrepreneurs around the world that provides weekly mentoring, 1 on 1 coaching and support to take your business idea or venture to the next level.
Is this program for you?
Are you a First Nations person who:
- has an interest in starting your own business,
- Aspiring entrepreneur
- Innovator or intrapreneur
- keen to learn new skills and methodologies to take your business to the next level, or
- you want to learn about startups and how businesses can benefit your community.
Don’t Quit Your Day Job (just yet, anyways!)
Flexible self-study program (online resources/tools) and support. Some of the most successful companies in the world were started as side-projects. You just need to commit to doing the work and getting results.
100% Online – No Travel Expenses
Can’t leave the house (COVID-19 or another pandemic) or live out bush, no worries! The team at Barayamal keeps up with the latest innovations and trends that work for the community.
What is a startup?
Launch your own Startup
1 on 1 coaching
How to Pitch
End of Program Achievements
The goal is to take things to the next level but we’re only here to support you by providing tools/education and know-how but your success ultimately relies on you – to commit, executive and progress things. We can’t do the work for you….
- 90-Day Plan (Barayamal Songline).
- Discover a problem that you’re motivated to solve.
- Design possible solutions via MVPs and/or prototypes, and
- Get traction (grow your customer or users).
- Digital Credential in First Nations Entrepreneurship.
- 1-Page Business Model.
- Product-Market Fit.
- Barayamal Songline – identify where you are now and what you need to do to get where you want to be.
- Introduction to the basics of the Customer Development Process or Lean Methodology.
- Learn the business skills needed to bring your idea from conception to market.
Founder & CEO at Barayamal
Dean served five years in the Royal Australian Air Force before founding Australia’s Indigenous business accelerator, Barayamal – now known as a world leader in Indigenous Entrepreneurship. Dean is an action-oriented and multi-award-winning Kamilaroi entrepreneur, Member of Telstra’s Indigenous Advisory Committee and CEO at Barayamal.
Our team brings together a passionate group of volunteers from diverse backgrounds throughout Australia, which includes technologist, philanthropist, entrepreneurs, industry experts and community leaders.
Key Dates & Times
Application Deadline: 5 pm, 30 June 2022
Program Dates: July – Sep 2021