If you’re seeking information or any other relevant details from departments under NSW Aboriginal Affairs, you might need to make a freedom of information request.

I made a quick request to the NSW Aboriginal Land Council to provide the numbers of members (statistics) for the Northern Region but according to Stevie Hayes, Governance Officer at NSW Aboriginal Land Council, I needed to submit a request for information to the Office of the Registrar as an access application under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act).

And it’s worth noting that multiple rejections from the Governance Officer have been reported… haha!

But anyways, it’s important to highlight those applications to access government information held by the Office of the Registrar are actually required to be directly submitted to the Department of Premier and Cabinet Information and Privacy Unit (DPC).

According to the Registrar’s office themselves, DPC is responsible for processing those applications, despite what employees from the NSW Aboriginal Land Council might tell you…

Share this post